Details of Marvel-Con '76
posted Aug 13, 2011 3:32 PM by vu sleeper
Click image to embiggen. Ad from Fantastic Four #170 (February 1976)
- Hour-long art lessons by John Buscema. Man, that conference room musta been packed.
- Writing lessons by Roy Thomas! If you haven't read every comic book published between 1941 and 1950, don't bother showin' up!
- Cartoon Stan Lee and his unkempt locks.
- Ten bucks admission for all three days. This year's New York Comic Con is $60 for a weekend. And John Buscema's not gonna be giving art lessons at that, I bet!
- Meet the Amazing Spider-Man!
- And other super-heroes in person!
- The fabulous Hotel Commodore, mere moments away from
where I work but no longer in business. Thanks to Donald Trump, it's now
the Grand Hyatt. But here's what it looked like. Look, can you see John
Romita wavin' out the window?
- Apparently Marvel-Con '75 was pretty successful, but according to Stan, this one will boggle your mind even further than before!
- Free kung fu lessons.
- Person to send your con application to? Vince Colletta. Don't write your application in pencil, kids...he'll erase all the lines!
Ten bucks? For all that? Sign me up, Stan. Sign me up.